A number of parking lots on the Texas Tech campus use park-and-pay spaces for those without ePermits or ePermits specific to the lot. Some lots are park-and-pay Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Others function as faculty/staff lots during the work day and become park-and-pay Monday through Friday from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Signs will indicate the usage.
How to Use Park-and-Pay
If you have a valid Texas Tech University ePermit for a faculty/staff, residence hall, or commuter lot or garage, you do not have to pay to park in Rec Center parking or in any park-and-pay area after 5:30 p.m. You will need to pay to park in any other park-and-pay areas from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
If you do NOT have a valid Texas Tech University ePermit, you must pay the hourly or daily rate to park in a park-and-pay area.
Parking and paying can be accomplished in one of two ways:
Pay by Cell Phone
MobileNOW! provides pay-by-phone services for the Texas Tech campus. This service allows users to call, use the MobileNOW! website, or use the MobileNOW! app to pay for parking using a credit card. Click here
to learn more about setting up an account and paying by phone.
Pay at a Pay Machine
- (1) Park in a park-and-pay lot, and locate the pay machine.
- (2) Enter in your vehicle’s license plate number, and press enter. Make sure your plate number is correct.
- (3) Insert your credit card or coins.
- (4) Select the desired time by using the blue buttons.
- (5) Press the “Valid” button to complete the transaction. The receipt is for your records and does not need to be displayed.
To view a map of all park and pay locations, click here.
Park-and-pay locations are marked with a red P. Please look for signs indicating which areas and spaces are park-and-pay.
- Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Engineering Key (available to visitors and employees only 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Flint Avenue Parking Garage (4th floor; southeast corner of 18th Street and Flint Avenue)
- Memorial Circle (available to visitors and employees only 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- R06 (between the Art and Education Buildings on 18th Street)
- R11 (south of the Music Building; also known as the Band Lot; closed in the fall until 2 p.m. for Goin' Band practice)
- R13 Visitor (east of the Student Union Building on the southeast corner of 15th Street and Akron Avenue; available to visitors and employees only 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Student Recreation Center (north and west of building; two-hour maximum for all; no charge for those with a valid ePermit)
- Monday through Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.:
- R01 (west of Chemistry)
- R02 (north of Experimental Sciences)
- R03 (south of the library)
- R04 (west of Electrical Engineering)
- R05 (east of Media and Communication)
- R07 (between the Administration and Student Union Buildings)
- R08 (Science Quad)
- R13 (around Doak and Drane Halls)
- R14 (north of Holden Hall)
- R16 (north of Livermore Center)
- R17 (west of Marsha Sharp Center)
- R24 (north of Petroleum Engineering)