Commuter parking is divided into three locations:
Commuter North Parking Map
Commuter West Parking Map
Commuter Satellite Parking Map
|Commuter North lots are indicated in RED on the map. There are 3 lots that make up Commuter North parking. They are located in the vicinity of Jones AT&T Stadium. |
|Commuter West lots are indicated in BLUE on the parking map. They are located in the vicinity of the United Spirit Arena and the new C17 lot will be open Fall 2007. |
|Commuter Satellite lots are indicated in GREEN on the parking map. There are two satellite lots. One located south of the International Cultural Center and one located West of the Health Sciences Center at 10th St. and the Texas Tech Parkway. For more information about commuter satellite parking, click here. |
Campus CitiBus Service
You get to where you want to go on campus by parking your car and riding a bus. There just isn't enough close-in parking to park at the front door of every building on campus. The University provides an efficient and effective bus system. More information about campus bus routes and schedules can be obtained from CitiBus or Student Government.
Parking Rules & Regulations
This page only hits the highlights of the parking rules. It is your responsibility to make sure you have read and understand the Parking Rules and Regulations before operating a vehicle on campus. Click here to view the University's policy on parking.
Don't make it complicated...
- You can only park in commuter areas indicated by the type of ePermit received.
- Parking is controlled by signage. There is often more than one type of parking space in a lot. So watch for the signs! Don't park in a space without the proper ePermit/permissions... you could be ticketed and towed.
- Parking anywhere on the Tech campus 7:30 am - 5:30 pm Monday thru Friday requires parking ePermit and registering a valid vehicle. Some lots require an ePermit, permissions or a valid permit decal until 8:00 pm. Again... be sure to watch the signs.
- During the winter months, ice may accumulate on the television tower in the Commuter West lots. When this happens, signs and personnel will be posted at the entrances of the affected lots to direct you to an alternate location.
- You may park in the designated Rec Center parking for a maximum of 2 hours. Only park in the designated Rec Center spaces. Do not overflow into other portions of the lot unless you have a Commuter West ePermit.
- If you park in a Park and Pay space before 5:30 pm, you must pay the meter.
- You may park in any commuter zone after 2:30 pm with any of the valid commuter ePermits.
- Click here to view the current campus parking fee and refund schedule.
- Got a question? Odds are, you're not the first one to ask it. Check here for a list of the most common questions about parking on campus